Cauliflower rice is a low-carb, high fiber and low-calorie rice alternative. It makes a healthy twist on traditional Chinese fried rice. I have been in love with this dish to avoid feeling bloated from a carb-heavy meal. Preparing it from scratch using a food processor is the most cost-effective option but you can also purchase the pre-cut frozen cauliflower rice.
How to make Cauliflower Rice
- Remove the cauliflower florets from the head of cauliflower.
- Grate the cauliflower florets using food processor or a box grater.
- 360g riced cauliflower
- 360g baby carrots/carrot, diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 230g mushroom, diced
- 500g chicken breast, cubed (use tofu as vegetarian/vegan alternative)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1-2 tbsp GF soy sauce
- 1-2 tbsp GF sweet soy/ teriyaki sauce
- Basil/other herbs for garnish
- To a large non-stick skillet, heat avocado oil on medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and sauté for 30 seconds, then add in the chicken. Cook for 5 minutes or until all sides are cooked evenly. (For vegetarian/vegan option, sauté tofu on a separate pan until crisp.)
- Add carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, and cook for about 5 minutes until vegetables begin to soften. Stir intermittently.
- Add cauliflower rice t skillet and stir together for 2-3 minutes. (Avoid overcooking because cauliflower will get mushy.)
- Add GF soy sauce, sweet soy sauce (or to taste) and basil for garnish.
Feel free to choose different vegetables and protein options for this recipe, or mix in quinoa for more fiber and nutritional benefits.
Hope you enjoy it and feel free to tag @eczemawarriorkc on Instagram!